We came home from a weekend getaway and I was surprised to be nominated for my second award. I would like to thank Future.Flying.Saucers. to nominating me. Since I have begun blogging I have met some interesting people and the stay at home mom creator of Future Flying Saucers has taught to me I am never to old to have fun and to be silly once in a while.
The name of this intrigued me so I checked out the award at: http://hometogo232.wordpress.com (referred by Future.Flying.Saucers) and this is what she wrote: “Mrs. Sparkly’s Ten Commandments Award” has to do with a woman of the same name, known for being very elegant and having high expectations, and who is committed to maintaining integrity, good manners and behavior, as well as a rich sense of humor”
Now I never thought myself as elegant, growing up I was every inch a tomboy! But as I got older I have always made an effort to be elegant in my own way and as I mature in my faith I strive to maintain a Godly integrity and behaving in a way that is pleasing to our Lord all the while living life joyfully and with a bit of adventurous fun. So I am touched to be nominated and hope that I can maintain the spirit of this award!
So the rules of this award are that you must answer the following 10 questions, nominate some blogs that you think deserve the award, and contact the writers of those blogs. So here are the questions…
1. Describe yourself in seven words~wife, mother, friend, passionate, loyal, dreamer,
2. What keeps you up at night? ~ my mind racing with stories and ideas
3. Whom do you aspire to be like? ~ Barbara Johnson who was a true woman of God, joyous, enjoyed life and loved our Lord, trusting Him in every part of her life.
4. What scares you? ~ bad storms
5. What are the best and worst things about blogging? The best is easy – meeting so many interesting people and learning so many different things. And the worst thing, I would have to say having writers block – and although this second one is really not a bad thing, but finding so many new and interesting blogs that I spend more time reading than writing!! (I am having too much fun reading all of the blogs!)
6. What was the last website you looked at? Upper Room Daily Reflections
7. If you could change one thing about yourself what would it be?
To trust the Lord and not control every situation.
8. Slankets yes or no? I had one, did not care for it so have to say no. I did have to look this up and found I called it by another name…bet you are as curious as I was!
9. What are you wearing now? My jammies and nightgown
10. Tell us something about the person who nominated you. ~
I recently met her through the wonderful world of blogging, but I can tell she is a woman of God, living her life pleasing to our Lord. She is also a loving and warm person who loves her family deeply. She is also an encourager lifting up all of us who read her articles.
Here are my list of women I would like to pass on this award to – may God continue to bless your lives.
Cast Light ~ “Cast Light” is an aspiration and a daily reminder to give your best to others.”
At Home in Alaska ~ is a variety of interesting subjects from cooking/recipes to hiking in the back country of Alaska.
A Hundred Years Ago Today ~ very interesting stories of her grandmother’s diary from 1911-1914. She was 15 years old when she began this diary.
Notsofancynancy ~ preserving the history her father from his life during WWII.
Mybeautifulthings ~ she records three things, “however simple or prosaic”, that gives her pleasure each day. I may add they give pleasure to many of us!
ModernScottiedog™ ~ is a lifestyle blog that launched in 2012 and caters not only to Scottie dog owners but lovers of the iconic breed.
Journey of my Butterflies ~ We begin as a caterpillar and continue until we go through the transformation that comes from surrendering to Christ. We then become the beautiful creature God designed us to be, a butterfly.
CommentsfromCathy ~ writes about life, family, friends and faith and has brought joy to my day with her articles and pictures.
I wish I could have listed all the pages that have given joy to my day, beauty in pictures, laughter and encouragement. I appreciate all of you.